Today I was going to write about my new “challenge” of working from home but I came across this wonderful Butterfly Affirmation and decided to change topics.
Positivity is a must for me.
Positive self-talk and thinking is very important to keep a good mindset. Even when knowing this, we sometimes let our thoughts switch our mood, change our attitude, etc. My mum always tells me: “Laia, remember that you are not your thoughts”. So if we are not our thoughts, what are we? Well, this is something many people asks themselves and I think the answer is deep inside. I read somewhere in the Internet: “you are not your thoughts or words; you are the place where your thoughts and words come from. You are the place where this question “who am I?” comes from.” Leaving you here for some self-reflection…
So, our thoughts are not real then – everything going on in my mind (thoughts, feelings, sensations and everything I am aware of) is in fact happening only in my private internal world. What makes a thought feel real is the attention we bring to it. Sometimes, we focus on a thought so much that we make it into a solid thing and relate to it as if it is an event happening in the world somewhere.
What do you think would happen if we monitor our thoughts so we stop our negative ones and we empower our positive ones? When we manage to “re-direct” our thoughts towards a positive path (via meditation, awareness or any other technique), I can assure you your inner world changes. Mine did.
That’s the reason why I always try to check on my positive attitude during the day, do my moment of gratitude in the morning and night, do my positive affirmations every morning – and now, read my butterfly affirmations every day. Today I got this one: Today everything is unfolding perfectly, accordingly to a greater plan. It made my day. Because positivity boosts have the power to keep you on track and happy with your inner self, no matter what happens in the outside.
I know, it’s easier said than done but hey, no one said that it was going to be easy! So just keep trying.
How can we practice positivity and optimism every day? Here’s some ideas:
- Guiding your energy through positive thinking so you attract positive energy.
- Connect with yourself on your own way. For me is meditation or through my inner reflections, for example.
- Practice visualisation. I do this every morning – visualising where you want to be is very powerful. Remember – visualisation is not enough to make things happen though, you then need to take action and the steps towards what you want to achieve.
- Slow down in order to move forward. Slowing down is a choice that can lead to greater appreciation for life and a greater level of happiness. It’s quite hard in the current western world but just trying it can make a huge change.
- Read and watch books and movies with inspiring stories. Also, take the time to journal (very good to release stress) and write down your positive affirmations.
- Be kind to yourself and practice love every day, towards yourself and others.
- Practice gratitude and focus on the positive.
I encourage you to practice positivity and optimism, to surround yourself of people who empowers you and has plenty of good energy/vibes, to monitor your thoughts to make sure they don’t lead you in the wrong way.
With lots of love,