Hi everyone, good morning from the Goal Coast! I came here to attend a Conference but didn’t want to miss my post for today so wrote it on my way here (OMG, what an early flight I took!) 🙂
Today I’d like to share my recent experience cleansing my body. Actually, it’s my first time doing a detox and I couldn’t be happier!
Why did I decide to do a detox?
- The end of the year (2017) was chaotic! I know, not just for me, for everyone. It’s that time of the year when everyone has company functions, you want to catch up with all your friends before Christmas, etc. Around mid-November I was already feeling super bloated! So I said to myself “I do need to do something!”. At this stage I didn’t have an answer for it…
- In parallel, I started my new health and wellness venture on the side. Initially I decided to start promoting skin & personal care and makeup, products that I was already using and knew well. We also have a nutrition range but I decided to leave it out of the equation for now as I wanted to focus on those products I already knew (and I knew they are amazing).
- Mid-December I was feeling worst than ever so following other consultants’ advice (whom were amazed by the results of the 30 Days Healthy Living Program) I decided to give it a go and joined the program starting 1 January.
- On the 29 December I got sick and spent two days without being able to eat due a gastroenteritis. That was my body telling me something wasn’t rights… and I knew then that I had made the right decision.
So, going into the unknown, I found out that the 30 Days Healthy Living Program & Beyond is not just a 30 day detox, it’s a change in your lifestyle, something that you’ll take with you forever. It’s not a diet (you don’t count calories nor starve yourself), it’s a program where you learn about:
- Whole foods
- Clean eating
- What are toxins and GMOs
- What are the most allergenic/toxic/addictive ingredients from your diet (refined sugar, dairy, gluten, soy, etc.)
- How to increase your nutritional intake
- How to effectively remove toxins from your body
- How to reintroduce certain foods back into your diet after the 30 day plan is completed to see if you do have intolerances
Putting aside the supplements the program includes (which provide extra nutrients that I cannot get enough of through our diet alone and make my life lots easier – for example through the meal replacement shake for breakfast, or the protein shake for those who like having one when they exercise), all the information provided in the program was just brilliant. It isn’t a lose weight program, it’s a healthy way of living 🙂
Actually, I’d say that most of us know how important is our nutrition but I also think people just don’t have the time or the energy to plan meals and move to a healthier lifestyle. Well, let me tell you something: on my second week of eating clean my energy levels started going up and I felt amazing – so no excuses! 🙂 And as per the time… I’ve always said that we do make time for those things that are a priority for us… and I decided that my health was a priority.
Also, I believe that life put situations in front of us to teach us, and if we don’t learn, life will carry on putting in front of us the same challenges. Some time ago, although I knew how important is what we put IN and ON our body (my mum made sure I was aware of that), it wasn’t till I experienced two close family members being sick (serious illness) that I started reconsidering what I really wanted out of life, including what I put in and on my body. My priorities changed and I started making shifts in my life, including my nutrition and anything I put on my body. I have to confess I used to be one of those people who buys the cheapest moisturiser or face cream at the supermarket – products full of nasty stuff.
Then, I realised it – I had had all the information I needed in front of me, I was just not ready to listen to it and take action. Slowly I started moving into a healthier me, first through natural cosmetics and body care, and finally discovering the world of eating clean – which I’m super excited about and proud of myself.
The results speak by themselves: in 30 days of consistent clean eating, no alcohol, coffee, dairy, gluten and other toxic foods, I’ve been able to cut fat and bloating (see my new me in the right! 🙂 ). It might not seem that noticeable but I definitely see the difference in my tummy (-3cm), waist (-2cm), arms (-1cm), and most importantly, I feel AWESOME & healthier than ever. My energy levels are up, as they have not been for years!
I also complemented the clean eating with yoga classes three times a week, a minimum of 10,000 steps a day (I was well over them most of the days), and introduced one high intensity class a week for the last two weeks.
Living a healthy life from the inside out has become a priority for me. It’s about looking after yourself, from the inside out: your body, your mind. And NUTRITION is key! And no, I didn’t starve myself at all – this is not about counting calories and eating less, it’s about giving your body what fuels it.
The beginning of the year is a good moment to take action and make those changes you know will improve your lifestyle! Look after yourself, you are your most precious treasure 🙂
With lots of love,